What does a career mean and what is the role of the career in a life of a person?
The aim -during the consultation/lecture client should get understanding what means career and what is the role of career in life of person.
- Brain storm “What is Creer?” (discussion what in client/-s opinion is meaning of the concept Career.
- Lecture regarding
- Discussion regarding the need of career planning. Resources about career concept.
- http://viaa.gov.lv/files/news/727/karjeras_attiistiibas_atbalsts_2008.pdf (page 89.-90)
- http://eprasmes.lv/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Karjeras_veidosana_eScouts_final2.pdf (page 4)
- Karjeras izglītība, Skolotāja grāmata (10.-12. Klasei),page 14.
- http://jaunatne.gov.lv/sites/default/files/web/Jaunatne_darbiba/Info_materiali/Brosuras/2012/kompetences.pdf (page 2)
- http://viaa.gov.lv/files/news/727/mans_berns_izvelas_karjeru_web.pdf (page 15)
- Lecture (career councelor, psychologist).
- Discussions, conversations, consultations.
- The analysis of filmed materials.
- 1.Films for young people about the career planning process. http://www.euroguidance.lt/karjeros-planavimas/renkuosi-karjeros-kelia/testai
- Open Information, Consultation and Guidance System (AIKOS): http://www.aikos.smm.lt/aikos/index.htm
- Practical activities that help to know oneself and plan occupational future: http://www.mukis.lt/lt/mokinio-knyga.html
- Discussion: What does “career” mean to you? Discussion: What does “success” mean to you? Lecture/Practice: What do you want to achive, career-wise? Using booklet “Focus, Who are you? What can you do? What do you want?”
- Internet resources about career concept:
Resources for Career guides for professional development (example):
- Individual councelling through groups and personal interview.
- Using questionnaire to help young adults to make a career plan
- Lessons in personal development and career planning
Resources for Career guidants for professional development:
In Norway there is a lack of resources regarding guidants in career development for professional development for young adults. This is a task partly for upper seconday school which has no curriculum for this; partly for the socal and welfare directorate (NAV)